Personal Development Programmes / Social Events
Choir ~ Thyme To Sing
Research suggests that singing makes us happy
Here are some facts about singing you may not know;
- Singing improves cognition.
- Singing lowers your blood pressure.
- Singing tones up your facial muscles, your diaphragm, and your intercostals muscles.
- Singing increases empathy and understanding between cultures.
- Singing is also an aerobic activity and a natural stress-reducer
- Singing releases endorphins.
Why not come along, enjoy the CRAIC & meet new friends 🙂
The choir is held every Monday, from 6pm to 7:30pm at Galliagh community centre.
Please contact the office for details.
Yoga encourages mental and physical relaxation, which helps reduce stress and anxiety.
Yoga poses may help you release physical blockages like muscle knots, helping release emotions and tension.
They also promote the release of mood-boosting endorphins, which are the feel-good hormones that can positively affect how you handle stress.
Yoga is held every Wednesday from half 7 to 9. The class is held online via Zoom.
Benefits of Yoga
- Improves your strength, balance and flexibility
- Release tensions
- Manages stress
- Helps with anxiety
- Improves your posture
The class is held by Nicola Hassan
For more information, please contact CALMS.
Social events are the times when a large group of people meet at a designated meeting point and jump on the bus. As soon as everyone’s accounted for we hit the road. We could be visiting local and rural heritage and cultural sites. We stop for lunch and some site seeing and then on to our next destination, just sit back and enjoy or even better join in the singing!
Please check out out Facebook page for information regarding these events!